Polyzene-F Makes the Difference
Fast, Quality Healing*
COBRA PzF NCS is nanocoated with a revolutionary drug-free polymer called Polyzene-F (PzF). PzF is distinctly superior from other polymers due to its high biocompatibility, ultra-purity, elasticity and ultra-high molecular weight.
The proprietary PzF polymer is imparted with the following unique properties:
- Rapid & complete healing*1-5
Preclinical and Clinical Evaluation of COBRA PzF NCS
Through a process called passivation, albumin preferentially binds to the PzF coating, preventing fibrinogen deposition and subsequent platelet adhesion and activation, resulting in clotting resistance and accelerated healing.*1-5
Higher Functioning Endothelium
COBRA PzF NCS exhibited 2.5-3x higher functioning endothelium, compared to SYNERGY, XIENCE, and BioFreedom™.*5
Correlation between bench testing, animal studies and humans have not been determined.
- Koppara T, Sakakura K, Pacheco E, et al. Preclinical evaluation of a novel polyphosphazene surface modified stent. International Journal of Cardiology. 2016; 222:217-225.
- Mrowietz C, Franke R, Seyfert U, et al. Haemocompatibility of polymer-coated stainless steel stents as compared to uncoated stents. Clinical Hemorheology and Microcirculation. 2005; 32:89–103.
- Richter G, Stampfl U, Stampfl S, et al. A New Polymer Concept for Coating of Vascular Stents Using PTFEP (poly(bis(trifluoroethoxy)phosphazene) to Reduce Thrombogenicity and Late In-Stent Stenosis. Investigative Radiology. 2005; 40(4):210-218.
- Radeleff B, Thierjung H, Stampfl U, et al. Restenosis of the CYPER-Select, TAXUS-Express, and Polyzene-F NanoCoated Cobalt-Chromium Stents in the Minipig Coronary Artery Model. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol. 2007
- Jinnouchi, H, Mori H, et al. Thromboresistance and Functional Healing in the COBRA PzF Stent versus Competitor DES: Implications for Dual Anti-Platelet Therapy. EuroIntervention. 2018 Oct. Online ahead of print.