Vice President, Business Development – San Antonio, TX or Carlsbad, CA
The Vice President, Business Development role is a key senior executive role within CeloNova Biosciences, Inc. and reports to the CEO. This is a key role responsible for identifying, assessing, negotiating and finalizing new business opportunities that are in line with the overall business and strategic growth objectives for CeloNova Biosciences, Inc. The VP of Business Development will work collaboratively with other internal functions to assess market potential, financial viability, technical relevance and proprietary and legal implications, of all potential new business opportunities. In addition, they will be responsible for completing financial models, preparing and presenting opportunities to senior leadership, CEO, & CeloNova Biosciences, Inc.’s Board of Directors. The VP of Business Development will also be responsible for conducting due diligence of targets and leading any post M&A integration activities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Identifies potential acquisition, technology or partnership opportunities through his/her knowledge of the industry, interacting with investment bankers, company officials, attending medical conferences that showcase new business opportunities, universities, trade shows, inventors and other business opportunities.
- Establish, direct, foster and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders within and outside of the CeloNova Biosciences, Inc. organization
- Collaborate with the commercial leaders to ensure that our new and existing product marketing and sales strategies are effective for driving growth and are harmonized with CeloNova Biosciences, Inc.’s long term business development strategies.
- Prioritize new business development opportunities that directly align to established strategies and product lines of the division, and present to Sr. management.
- Drives due diligence activities in the areas of IP, probability of technical and regulatory success, and other key factors.
- Prepares and presents new business opportunities to senior management that include detailed financial analysis, market opportunity, revenue potential, IP, and technological assessment.
- Develops and negotiates term-sheets and provides solutions to reach agreement on deal terms.
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions to manage all business development transactions from initial engagement, analysis and valuation, through due diligence efforts, managing contract negotiations, integration planning and close.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, marketing, engineering, finance, or law (MBA preferred)
- Minimum 10-15 years of leadership experience in healthcare or medical device business development at a large multi-national company (medical device start-up experience is valued)
- In-depth knowledge of the medical device industry with specific knowledge of the interventional medicine segments (peripheral, cardiology, neurovascular, oncological, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of FDA regulations within the U.S. in addition to global laws and regulations related to IP and legal implications with acquisitions of technology, products or companies.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skills with proven track record of translating strategy into execution with positive result
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented culture
- Comfortable working in a fast pace ever evolving environmen
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present material and complex matters in a succinct and organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work across various functions in order to ensure deliverables are met against required timelines
- Ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and support with both internal and external constituents
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at the most senior levels within the corporation
- Strong quantitative, modeling and negotiations skills and experience
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels and functions both inside and outside of the organizatio
- Strong computer skills, specifically PowerPoint and Excel
Employee may travel up to 50% of the time in this role. Employee will be based in either San Antonio, TX or Carlsbad, CA. We will consider remotely based employees as travel and conference calls will be significant.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel: and reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.